Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MOM AND HER THREE AT THE MANGO TREE

On the following day upon my mom's arrival, I treated her and my two brothers to a (half) day out by watching a movie and eating at Trinoma
(L-R) Kuya Michael, Mom and Ryan (the youngest)
We watched Puss in Boots which was very entertaining, as expected, and capped off the day by eating at Mango Tree Bistro. This will be my third time eating at the restaurant and you know what they say about  the third time being a "charm"? Well, this is beyond that.

I'm a fan of Thai cuisine and Mango Tree Bistro's serves the best, if not, the practically priced Thai food in the metro. It's "sulit" as how Kris Aquino would say because we got more than what we paid for!
grabbed from ClickTheCity.com
I took the liberty of ordering on behalf of all four of us since I've been there a couple of times (and also because I'm always the "nasusunod" son and the fact that I'm the one treating them anyway :p) and here's what I got,
Thai Iced Tea at Php80 - I always order this; favorite
All boys got the Thai Iced Tea while mom got the Lemongrass 
Tom Yum Pla Nuan Chan - Bangus at Php280
This is the "sulit" part. We got this as a complimentary to the grilled sea bass.
Usually, it comes only as a side with the fried sea bass but the good waiter
still served me this upon my request. Green Mango salad.
Pla Krapong Yan - Grilled Sea Bass at Php700
Khaopad Jay - Vegetable Rice at Php150
Gaeng Ped Gai - Red Chicken Curry at Php350
Khao Klook Kapi - Bagoong Rice at Php230
We were able to finish everything! Of course my mom, having three sons, took care of that. Overall, it was a very pleasant food experience. I'm giving Mango Tree Bistro a 9 out of 10 stars for its fuss-free setting, ambience, menu selection and food taste/quality. I could have given it a 10 but there's something missing and I don't know why… Oh well, maybe next time I go there I'll be able to identify that "thing" that is missing and hopefully, by then, I'll be able (also) to justify my 9.

The Breakdown:
3 Thai Iced Tea Php240
1 Lemongrass Iced Tea Php80
Pla Krapong Yang - Grilled Sea BassPhp700
Tom Yum Pla Nuan Chan - Bangus Php280
Gaeng Ped Gai - Red Chicken Curry Php350
Khao Klook Kapi - Bagoong Rice Php230
Khaopad Jay - Vegetable Rice Php150
Total: Php2,030
Plus Service Charge Php181.25
Grand Total: Php2211.25


See the happy faces?

We, I, whoever comes first, will be coming back for sure! How about you? Been to any of Mango Tree Bistro's two restaurants? They have one in Greenbelt 5 (1st Level) and of course, Trinoma (3rd Floor, beside Powerbooks)

Like Mango Tree Bistro on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment